Monday, January 18, 2016

I Can't Believe it's not Wheat Waffles-named by Jake

Brown Rice Waffles

I make the batter ahead, cover and place in the fridge overnight, in the morning I'm ready to go.  If the batter gets a little too thick overnight, simply add a little milk as needed.

4 eggs
5 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup butter or oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Beat eggs, and sugar together in mixing bowl until light and frothy.  Add oil, milk, and vanilla and mix until well combined.

In a separate bowl mix together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt.  Add to egg mixture, and beat on low speed until well combined.  Batter should be thick.

Pour (depending on size of your iron-I have a new Belgian Waffle Maker gifted to me by my wonderful husband-I love waffles!  Please follow the directions on your waffle iron) 1/2 cup portion of batter into center of waffle iron and cook until done. Repeat until all batter is used.

Some waffle irons request that you butter or oil the iron between waffles, but with my new iron, I only oiled with first waffle that I was instructed to throw out and I never have to oil the iron again.  :)

These waffles freeze very well, and heat back up in the toaster or oven when needed. I have a toaster with a defrost setting.



No comments:

Post a Comment