Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Stamp Storage Suggestions

I am constantly looking for better ways to organize what I have in my craft room.  My friend Carol Held, (www.stampinribbons.blogspot.com) shared a video with me that she found on youtube.  This video is listed under Jennifer McGuire Stamp Storage if you'd like to watch.   I purchased Avery Elle Storage Pockets as she suggested, and I have also purchased Acetate Sheets, .007 mm, I took one of my favorite stamp sets, Stampin' UP!'s Tea Shoppe and I took the labels off the stamp, placed the label on a piece of acetate sheet that I cut down to 5 X 7 and on the backside I placed the stamp. The clear mount stamps stick to the blocks much better without the label, giving this way of storing the stamps an advantage, in my opinion.

I did read a review on Amazon.com that Ellen Hutson had storage bags that are quite a bit sturdier, I did order both to compare and the Ellen Hutson bags are much sturdier.  I plan on using those to store my dies in but for the purpose of storing my stamps I feel that the Avery Elle Storage Bags are quite sufficient.  I did also order Ellen Hutson magnets to store my dies on, I feel these are a bit thin for my
 preference.  I currently purchase magnet sheets at Joann's and while they are more expensive, I like the thickness of the magnets.  I like the extra protection that it gives for storing my dies.  Depending on how you store your dies the thinner magnet sheets may be enough, and they are pre-cut which is really nice.

I have attached several pictures.

Thank you for looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment