Saturday, May 2, 2015

Jake's Trail Mix

Jake's Trail Mix

1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup Blue Diamond Chocolate or Butter Toffee Almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
2 Tbsp. dried cherries
2 Tbsp Chocolate Chips (sometimes I put in a little more-yum!) - a little more could mean times 2

Mix

Use any kind of almonds you like, I sometimes make this with only the Blue Diamond Chocolate and Blue Diamond Butter Toffee almonds.  The sodium count on these almonds is low, but when using plain unsalted almonds there is no sodium in those.

I will use golden raisins in place of Craisins, or a mix of the two.

It's fun to use different kinds of chips, sometimes chocolate, sometimes white chocolate, during Easter we can sometimes find the Springtime Mix of Chocolate Chips.  It's fun to be creative.

Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog Jaunny! Luv the name as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! And thanks for visiting 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, those question marks were supposed to be a smiley face, so okay, I know that doesn't work now. :)

      Delete
  3. This is Sandy. I don't have a Google account I guess and it automatically posts as Steve. Don't be confused! Thanks for the great recipe! I'll make this for my flower class on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, you will love it. Have fun on Saturday!

      Delete